Typical Progression of Fertility Evaluation and Treatment
Fertility intake with nurse practitioner:
- Interview and review of medical history
- Lab work
- Semen Analysis order form
- Sign consent
Schedule semen analysis as soon as possible. Results usually take 2 weeks to get back and will be used in treatment plan.
Schedule hysterosalpingogram (HSG):
- This should be done sometime between 6-11 days of cycle.
- Call clinic and ask for surgery scheduler or call Jody directly at 952-841-9481.
- Eat a light meal one hour prior to test.
- Take 2-3 Ibuprofen or Aleve at least 1 hour prior to procedure (if not allergic). You may take Tylenol if you are allergic to Ibuprofen or Aleve.
Schedule infertility consult with Dr. Nadeau:
- Review results and develop treatment plan. This should be scheduled approximately 2 weeks after semen analysis is completed.
- A personalized plan is developed for each individual based on their history and identified problems.
- All patients are required to have a baseline ultrasound day 2, 3 or 4 of cycle before starting medications. Response to medications will be followed with ultrasounds and labs.
- Prescriptions with instructions will be given at the time of ultrasound.
- We do not do baseline ultrasounds on the weekend so please plan accordingly.
- We will inform you of our findings and give you directions each time you are seen.
Check your insurance and prescription coverage:
- It is your responsibility to determine ongoing insurance coverage and if a prior authorization is needed.
- Please keep in mind that a prior authorization may take up to 2 weeks to get back from your insurance.
- Be sure to let the business offfice know immediately if you have any insurance change as this may impact your treatment.
We realize that fertility treatment can be very stressful. It is our goal to help assist you in achieving a healthy pregnancy.
Please feel free to discuss any questions and/or concerns with your provider.
Associates In Women’s Health